Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Even the desires that can become evil!


Scripture Read: 1 Peter [5:6] Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, [7] casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you. [8] Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. [9] But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world. [10] And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you. [11] To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen. 

 Application:  I wonder if I have really understood this verse in it’s total. I know how not to worry over needs – but I wonder if I applied this to my desires – especially those that lead me to sin – would it change my approach on things. MacArthur states.-  ”Christians are to cast all of their discontent, discouragement, despair, and suffering on the Lord, and trust Him for knowing what He’s doing with their lives” If I would place even my sinful desires in that area, then I would have to admit that perhaps I am not trusting God to fulfill me in those areas. The desires themselves are not evil – it’s the place I give them in my life or how I try to satisfy those desires my way. I know I don’t want to do anything that is plain evil – by God’s grace I am past that in my life. So when I deal with any desire if I don’t take it to Him that is a lack of faith and maybe that is why I am still struggling with some of these issues. Father – forgive again – is all I can pray. I hate my sin in the inner man – but sometimes I am allowing my old man to rule. I repent anew and ask for Your empowerment. Help me glorify You in private as well as public!!! Thank you God for Your love and grace. For Christ’s sake cleanse me and enable me to see victory in these areas. I give you my days and my nights and I believe I will enjoy them more Your way than my way. I love You Lord. Please make this day a healthy one and not unfocused! I love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment