Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Being Sober About Life


Scripture Read:  1 Peter  [4:7] The end of all things is at hand; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer. [8] Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. [9] Be hospitable to one another without complaint. [10] As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. [11] Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Application:  For the most part I have remained in sound judgment – but I think I am lacking in the sober spirit that really leads to a strong prayer life. This has continued to be a problem for me. I talk to God all day but still have not really become consistent with a prayer list. I know this would help me and strengthen my walk with You Lord, yet it seems to elude me. I have begun some new disciplines this month and am seeing some good things – please help me God to see victory in all these areas. Lord I pray that you will enable me to develop a good prayer list and then use it. I commit to see this and the other areas on target by the end of the month. Thanks Lord for Your word. I feel so unworthy much of the time because I lack the disciplines that I know I should have. Grant me Your grace and enabling power to see these things come to fruition. I love You Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment