Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Defining the Definition


Scripture Read: [5:1] Therefore, I exhort the elders among you, as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and a partaker also of the glory that is to be revealed, [2] shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness; [3] nor yet as lording it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to be examples to the flock. [4] And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory. [5] You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

Application: I am being moved by You Lord to really study the idea of pride. Is it possible that I have defined it in such a limited way that I have missed how deceptive it can be and I am allowing it to exist in my life. I realize that at its base it means to lift yourself up, and I struggle with that but feel I have tried to keep an eye on that demon. Yet now I am wondering if some of the other issues in my life are not also a form of pride. I pray that as I meditate on this – will you lead me. Holy Spirit please open my eyes to the truth. I do not want to waste my life and investment because I was lazy. Grant me clear sight and honesty. As I continue to move away from certain lifestyle habits that I think are hurting me empower me to stay the course. Help me deal with the pain I am feeling and allow me to glorify You oh God!                 

No comments:

Post a Comment