Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Friday, June 23, 2023

Faith is not a word based on feelings – but a word based on fact!

I decided to invest some time for now to encourage anyone that is struggling with their outward circumstances impacting their inward convictions. 

Is your faith being stretched due to what you are going through. It is real easy to talk how to live above the circumstances of life, very…very different to live it!

The Holy Spirit used a phone call from a dear brother to motivate me to move in this direction. 

First and foremost, thank all you that have…number run, read my updates. Many missionaries have said to me they feel that very few read what they send…I think they are mistaken. However, you, our team have made our family feel loved and communicated to through all of our ministry years. The brother that called me was vital to my growth as a Christian many years ago as we discipled together. Please understand, in a Biblical discipleship, except in the case of Jesus and His disciples, we disciple each other. I learned much and grew because of what my brother poured into me. Obviously, Jesus did not need to be kept accountable or share His sins and failures with His disciples, because He was the perfect, sinless man. 

I, actually have a Doctorate in sin! That is why I so desperately needed a Savior! 


Sometimes things don’t seem right – consider these actual hospital reports:
* By the time he was admitted, his heart had stopped, and he was feeling better. 
* The patient has been depressed ever since she began seeing me in 1983.
* Discharge status: Alive but without permission.
* The patient's past medical history has been remarkably insignificant with
only a 40-pound weight gain in the past three days.
* The patient refused an autopsy.

It is one thing to have a wrong medical report, it is a disaster to possess wrong faith! I will look at this over the next few Devos I write.

To begin with, if you allow your feelings to control your faith you will never see the power God intends it to be. We cannot depend on ourselves, or our emotions. Our faith must be alone in God! Doctors, medicine, healthy living, sensible eating, etc. are all important, but they are only outcomes of God’s guidance to us as we place our faith in Him about how we should live. 

So, to leave one thought with you: 

Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the Word of Christ.  

The so What: How can you know what to believe from God if you do not invest time to get to know Him with the tool He gave us to know Him – His Word! Read His Word, Listen To His Word, Watch Movies and TV based on Scripture. DD and I listen to audible books about God as we go to sleep. Immerse yourself in getting to know Him…He WILL immerse Himself in you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment