Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Heart reactions to Christmas – Meditative


Consider Mary:  

Luke 2:16–20, 49-52…And all who heard it wondered at the things which were told them by the shepherds. But Mary treasured all these things, pondering them in her heart…Jesus said, “Why is it that you were looking for Me? Did you not know that I had to be in My Father’s house?” But they did not understand the statement which He had made to them…and His mother treasured all these things in her heart.

Mary believed God, yet still had a hunger for more than only knowledge, she desired to consider the deeper truths that God is communicating.

Adrian Rogers said; “Knowledge is needed to pass the test in school, but wisdom is needed to pass the test in life. Knowledge is learned; wisdom is given. Knowledge comes by looking around; wisdom comes by looking up. Knowledge comes by study; wisdom comes by meditation with God. Wisdom teaches one how to apply His knowledge."

The Meditative Heart Understands:

1. The path to success Finding Gods best!

Joshua 1:8 “This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.

2. The path to real esteem What God thinks of me is the most important!

Psalm 119:23–24 Even though princes sit and talk against me, Your servant meditates on Your statutes. Your testimonies also are my delight; They are my counselors.

Psalm 119:78 May the arrogant be ashamed, for they subvert me with a lie; But I shall meditate on Your precepts.

3. The path to wisdom. Knowing HOW to use knowledge is the key!

Psalm 119:97–99 O how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day. Your commandments make me wiser than my enemies, For they are ever mine. I have more insight than all my teachers, For Your testimonies are my meditation.

4. The path to Strength. Understanding Who your God is, renews your hope, which is the key to strength.

Psalm 119:48–50 And I shall lift up my hands to Your commandments, Which I love; And I will meditate on Your statutes. Remember the word to Your servant, In which You have made me hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, That Your word has revived me.

Proverbs 24:5–6 A wise man is strong, And a man of knowledge increases power. For by wise guidance you will wage war, And in abundance of counselors there is victory.

How many times do you think and then rethink Scriptures you have read?
How can I make 2019 a more meditative year?
Is there a book of the Bible I can pick to spend 2019 on?
How much time am I willing to invest this year to learn about Him?

* Remember - You NEVER find time you MAKE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment