Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Striving together in Prayer


Rom 15:28-33 Therefore, when I have finished this, and have put my seal on this fruit of theirs, I will go on by way of you to Spain. 29 I know that when I come to you, I will come in the fullness of the blessing of Christ. 30 Now I urge you, brethren, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God for me, 31 that I may be rescued from those who are disobedient in Judea, and that my service for Jerusalem may prove acceptable to the saints; 32 so that I may come to you in joy by the will of God and find refreshing rest in your company. 33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Application: How many believers really seek to build a prayer support team in their lives? Is this only a need for believers that are in full time ministry? To really have a prayer support team in our life requires an openness to our life that most people seem to resist today. Paul’s admonition means so much to me at this stage of my life.  Having come this far I know it would never have happened if I did not have a support team praying for me. I appreciate the word “strive” because that’s what real prayer is. Not a few words spoken in haste – but an entering into the same battle with the one you are praying for. For some reason the church has moved to a way of thinking that is quite different than the New Testament portrayed the early church. How many passages encourage all believers to pray for one another? Could it be that our flesh has tricked us into believing that our business is no one else’s business? Of course if we open ourselves up to let others inside, some will abuse, but I wonder if not in our effort to protect ourselves from pain we don’t miss out on allowing the brothers and sisters that truly love us to minister to us through their prayers. I have always found that You Lord protect me from those that would use my transparency against me. I have a great team of people that charge Your throne in my name, and I am convinced that You have come to my rescue many times solely due to their prayers. Lord, help us to open up enough to those that love us to create at team of prayer warriors that will “strive with us” in the life You have called us to live! Thanks Dad for those that strive with me!

* Meditation Questions: Do you have a fellowship of people that pray for the things that matter to you? Are you part of a fellowship that prays specifically over the needs of someone you know? When was the last time a need that you had was supplied by the Lord and you can’t understand how it happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment