Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Remembering where we came from


Scripture Read: Eph 4:17-18 With the Lord’s authority let me say this: Live no longer as the ungodly do, for they are hopelessly confused. 18 Their closed minds are full of darkness; they are far away from the life of God because they have shut their minds and hardened their hearts against him.  

Application: Do we take our closeness to God for granted. Can we remember what it feels to be separated from our Creator. No intimacy and at best a dead system of beliefs to try and make us feel some sort of purpose. Do we think about our family & friends that might still be ...

Excluded -  ἀπαλλοτριόω -apallotrioo Three occurrences; AV translates as “be alienated with" twice, and “be alien” once. 1 to alienate, estrange. 2 to be shut out from one’s fellowship and intimacy.  [1]

This is a great but tragic description. It reminds me somewhat of what it is like in the Philippines as an American. I see my friends talking, laughing and fellowshipping – but I do not understand what is going on all the time because I am not fluent in Tagalog and my culture is different than theirs.  This is what it must be like to be outside of a relationship with God! We have been allowed such intimacy with You Lord for so long is it possible we have forgotten what it is like to be completely outside the understanding of You. We know we still do not understand much when it comes to Who You are – but what can be understood Your Spirit and Your Word have illuminated our eyes, mind and heart. Thank You for Your great love toward us. Burden our hearts for the lost – forbid any arrogance that we have shown toward those outside the Body! Let us be like Jesus - Who understood it all - but still spoke with compassion! Enable us to do the same!


Meditation Questions: Do I ever think I know so much compared to others in an arrogant way? Do I understand that what I do understand is because of You and not accomplished by my own intellect? Do I understand that there is a big difference between knowing a lot of data about You and knowing You? Do I recall who called for the crucifixion of Christ? What should that teach me?
 




Zodhiates, S. (2000). The complete word study dictionary : New Testament (electronic ed.). Chattanooga, TN: AMG Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment