Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Loving what I hate!


Scripture Read: Romans 7:14–20 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. 16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. 17 So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. 19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. 20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

Application: Look at the way the NTL states vs. 15 I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. 10[1]

This is most likely one of my favorite scriptures - I believe every believer identifies with it. We do not understand ourselves at all. It’s like we know it’s great not to hit ourselves in the head with a hammer – We really enjoy life without that pain – but when we see the hammer we just grab it and hit – then we have to live with the pain afterwards!! I don’t think any of us get this. Inside we know how great it is to be right with You but our flesh still wants the very thing that breaks our fellowship. Help us Lord to see the whole picture and slow down so that we will look at the hammer and remember what we hate about it!


Tyndale House Publishers. (2004). Holy Bible : New Living Translation. (2nd ed.) (Ro 7:9–10). Wheaton, Ill.: Tyndale House Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment