Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Stirring the Soul


Scripture Read: 2 Peter 1:[12] Therefore, I shall always be ready to remind you of these things, even though you already know them, and have been established in the truth which is present with you. [13] And I consider it right, as long as I am in this earthly dwelling, to stir you up by way of reminder, [14] knowing that the laying aside of my earthly dwelling is imminent, as also our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me.

Application: Stir = Seven occurrences; AV translates as “awake” twice, “arise” twice, “stir up” twice, and “raise” once.  1 to wake up, awaken, arouse (from sleep). 1a of the sea, which begins to be agitated, to rise; to arouse the mind; stir up, render active.

This is the universal answer to the question for anyone asking the question what is my ministry? No matter what the exact task you have from the Lord all of us are here to be used by You to agitate – in a godly sense – believers minds - to encourage and motivate them to serve You. This is a worthy goal indeed. Father I want to be the best at this I can be – I know this requires my full focus and not being distracted – whether it be by busyness, leisure or sin. Please enable and strengthen me to this task. I love you God very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment