Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Responsible for all

Scripture Read: Colossians   2 1. I want you to know how much I am struggling for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. 2  My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3  in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Application
Two items touch me here. Again the emphasis on the idea of possessing “full” knowledge. Maybe I need to do a study on this idea of fullness. Perhaps this is where the church has failed most. We owe it to those we have been called to serve to place before them all of the truth, even the parts that make us uncomfortable. What the people do or don’t do with that truth should not be our focus. Yes we can be concerned, but it should not dominate our focus. We must see beyond results and consider our responsibility to enlighten in total. That is our part. The growth or lack there of is That person’s and God’s concern. The other item I find interesting is notice the name of this fellowship – Laodicea. Is it possible that this is why they are so rebuked in Revelation. Did this fellowship settle cheap in it’s desire to know you Lord? Are we responsible for producing many lukewarm fellowships because of our inefficient way we teach the truth? Lord protect me from this mistake and teach me how to immerse the disciples you give me in the whole truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment