Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Staying Focused


Scripture Read: 1 Peter [3:13] And who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good? [14] But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. And do not fear their INTIMIDATION, AND DO NOT BE TROUBLED, [15] but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; 

Application:  Most of my suffering in my estimation has been self-inflicted, yet I do not see what my Lord sees. Lord this is beyond me and I do not need to waste my time trying to figure it out. Enable me to focus on the real issue – not why I am suffering  - but how I am handling it. If it is sin then as I handle it right I know I will repent, if not, then as I go thru it I will grow and testify of You. Either way I will glorify You. Lord please help me to not be intimidated by disease and other things like that that can cause me to suffer. Help me see you ever before me – knowing You will work for the glory of Your name. The pain I am in now is trying to take my focus away from what is important. You have used it to help me refocus on You. Strengthen me to remain on this course because it is here that real abundant life begins. Thank You God!

No comments:

Post a Comment