Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Standard


Scripture Read: 1 Peter [3:7] You husbands likewise, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with a weaker vessel, since she is a woman; and grant her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.  [8] To sum up, let all be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; [9] not returning evil for evil, or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing. [10] For,   "Let him who means to love life and see good days  Refrain his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking guile.  [11] "And let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it.  [12] "For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous,  And His ears attend to their prayer, But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

Application: This is a great guideline to the call You have given me as a husband. If I seek to accomplish these as a goal in my marriage – it will be pleasing to both You and us. I need to find ways to remind myself to seek harmony. Not debate. I need to be sympathetic to what makes my wife a woman and meet her there. Help me Lord to bless her when she insults me and keep me from doing evil back. I really desire to be this person without ceasing to be the man you made me to be. Help me to love her the way You would Oh Lord. Create in me a desire to be the example to my wife. Let me judge my success as a husband based on these qualifications!               

No comments:

Post a Comment