Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Monday, December 27, 2010

The Healthy Balance


Scripture Read: 1 Peter 2:[4] And coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected by men, but choice and precious in the sight of God,  [5] you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.  [6] For this is contained in Scripture: "BEHOLD I LAY IN ZION A CHOICE STONE, A PRECIOUS CORNER stone,  AND HE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM SHALL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." [7] This precious value, then, is for you who believe. But for those who disbelieve, "THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE VERY CORNER stone,” [8] and, "A STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENSE"; for they stumble because they are disobedient to the word, and to this doom they were also appointed.  [9] But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;  [10] for you once were NOT A PEOPLE, but now you are THE PEOPLE OF GOD; you had NOT RECEIVED MERCY, but now you have RECEIVED MERCY. 

Application: This has a real principle to it. Here I see the free will of man (disobedient) and the Sovereignty of God (appointed) This is how it is, I do not fully understand all the mechanics – or which one comes first, etc. But that really is not important. I know what I can do – free will – and I know God will do what He will do – appoint. So I only need focus on my part and leave the other to God. Help me Lord to focus on exercising my free will to obey, the rest I will leave to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment