Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Out of sight – out of Mind?


Scripture Read: 1 Peter 1:6-9 In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, [7] that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; [8] and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, [9] obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls. 

Application: Sometimes I wonder if I really love Him the way I should. I wonder if I saw Him how different my expression of love would be? Is it out of sight - out of mind, or is it just plain old sin. Sometimes I sense Your presence so clearly it is like I can see you. Other times I doubt my own faith. I know other men of God that were far greater than I will ever be have had this struggle. Does this mean I really do not love Him like I should? I know I fail in my love for You Lord. The truth is I do not think any of us will ever understand fully the weakness of the flesh. I know how my inner man I delight in the Lord. I also know how often the outer man fails. For that I am very sorry. Please help me to continue to fight for disciplines that lead to a closer walk with you. Fill my heart with Your presence Lord and thank You for Your loving patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment