Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Loving the law provides Peace


Scripture Read: Psalm 119:161  Princes persecute me without cause,  But my heart stands in awe of Thy words.  [162] I rejoice at Thy word, As one who finds great spoil.  [163] I hate and despise falsehood, But I love Thy law. [164] Seven times a day I praise Thee, Because of Thy righteous ordinances.  [165] Those who love Thy law have great peace, And nothing causes them to stumble.  [166] I hope for Thy salvation, O LORD, And do Thy commandments. [167] My soul keeps Thy testimonies, And I love them exceedingly.  [168] I keep Thy precepts and Thy testimonies, For all my ways are before Thee.
 
Application: Loving His law brings great peace. Loving God’s law produces righteousness. But how do you love a law. It is different than loving a person. The interesting thing here is that unlike a person – the law is what it is – emotions do not affect it. That’s what makes this important. By seeing that your life is better with the law than without it – you treasure the truth it brings to your life. It should grieve me when I break His law, which in turn will rob me of my peace. Notice this does not say that we will not walk on various kinds of roads – it states NOTHING will cause us to stumble. So it does not matter if the road I am on is slick with temptations or rocky with trials – if I have His law it my heart – it’s truth will keep my feet safe! How important is that? What a peace this brings – just learn His truth and no matter the circumstances you will be able to stand! Lord teach me to keep your law and learn to love it.

2 comments: