Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Trusting even when we know!


Scripture Read: Genesis 15:13-15 And God said to Abram, "Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, where they will be enslaved and oppressed four hundred years.  [14] "But I will also judge the nation whom they will serve; and afterward they will come out with many possessions.  [15] "And as for you, you shall go to your fathers in peace; you shall be buried at a good old age. 

Application: Abram could die in peace – even though he knew the future was not good for his people. How is this? Abram was able to fully entrust God with the future even when he knew it would be bleak. This is the faith walk. Trusting even in spite of circumstances that you know are not good! I do not know my future so there is always hope. When I take that hope and place it at the feet of an all-loving God I can rest in that trust. What happens if I am placed in the situation that Abram was – knowing what will happen and that it will be bad? That is the way it is for the future of this earth and the church. I do not know when but I do know that at the end of the age the world will forsake God and even the church will be luke-warm. Should I now live not caring or uncommitted because I know whatever I do in the end the world will still run after the Anti-Christ? Not at all! I know that God has promised that whatever He brings into my circle of influence is an opportunity to bring Him glory and see fruit for His name. I will see growth in my character and experience the joy of seeing God change lives. I can only deal with God had brought my way – the world is too big for me to handle. I need to deal with only the part of it He brings my way.  We can rest in the truth that God will always do what is right, whether I see it or not – because I do see Him. I know Him and have experienced His love and mercy.

1 comment:

  1. NATE,
    Yes,we must and we can keep Faith through the Desert Crossing. We can do all things in Christ.

    ReplyDelete