Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Monday, October 4, 2010

The Real Boss


Scripture Read: Colossians 3:18. Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. 19  Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them. 20  Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. 21  Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged. 22  Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. 23  Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24  since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25  Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is no favoritism.

Do I live like these slaves were told to0? Do I approach each task as if I were serving the Lord? The answer is no. At times I become sloppy. I do not do the best I can do and more importantly I fail to remain consciously aware of Who I am serving. I need to be aware of that always. Help me Lord in my times of leisure and work to remember that at the end of the day I want to please You! No others, not even myself – because when the truth is realized – when I please You I will be in that place where I am truly pleased because I have Your peace in my life. If the world is upset at me for pleasing You the peace You give me will enable me to stand. Thanks Lord for reminding me that whether it be work or play – when I do it the way You would I will maximize the result.

1 comment:

  1. Glory to God! He led me to the same scripture in the last few days. He wants me to put my hand to what he has placed before me. Work for him.
    Blessings to you,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete