Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vision

Scripture Read: Colossians 1:24-25  Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.   I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness-- 26  the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. 27  To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 28  We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. 29  To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.

Application: This passage just leaped out at me. This is the scriptural version for the vision that God has given me. The world can no longer afford to receive only portions of the Word (Usually those that are most important to the teacher to support his particular view concerning something) We, as believers, owe it to the world to teach the Word in fullness. More and more each day I feel the weakness I have for self serving dissipating while the urgency to follow God’s lead becomes stronger. I feel myself losing control of my destiny while I am pushed and moved by a force I cannot see. My own desires do not seem nearly as important as they used to, I sense a much more important purpose than I had ever imagined before. Please God, continue this work and grant me the grace to see it through. I am excited to see a single focus evolving in my ego, I pray that I can continue to maturity. Thanks God.

No comments:

Post a Comment