Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Trusting instead of Fretting

Scripture Read: Colossians   1:13  For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14  in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. 15  He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16  For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17  He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18  And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19  For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20  and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Application: This day has been a hard one. Everything seems to be pressing in on me. I want to just run away and start over. I feel like I can’t catch up much less stay ahead. There are certain things also that I really desire to do – yet it appears they will not happen. This is life and I need to receive the bad with the good. This verse helps me keep things in perspective though. He is the one that controls everything. I need to lean more on Him then worry about these issues. I need to spend time talking with Him about these things instead of fretting and feeling overwhelmed. He alone can supply me peace. He alone can give me the wisdom on what to do and how to deal with all this pressure. Please God help me cling to this truth. You alone control the events of my life. Let me be active in discovering those things but deliver me from worry and the weight of these pressures. Help me to remember that You are for me, Your thoughts are good thoughts and You desire to give me the desires of my heart. Let me trust You and just take each moment and every item one at a time. Thank you for reminding me of these things.   

No comments:

Post a Comment