Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Forgetting to Pray

Scripture Read: Colossians 1: 7  You learned it from Epaphras,   our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on our behalf, 8  and who also told us of your love in the Spirit. 9. For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10  And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11  being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12. giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.

Application: This verse really convicts me in a hard way. I need to be honest here and ask myself why I have not continued to pray for the ones I work with the way I used to. Is it laziness or is it self confidence. If it is laziness all I need to do is discipline myself and make a prayer list and schedule it into my calendar. If it is the latter problem I am in trouble. Do I think that what I do is more important then what God can do? Have I become so busy that I misplaced this priority? Is it possible that, deep down inside, I really do not believe prayer is important? Remember – in the end – you do what you really want to do! Intellectually I believe in the power of prayer, but my lack of practice brings my belief into question. So what can I do? I will make a prayer list today. I will insert times into my schedule for this kind of prayer. If that does not lead to a stronger intercessory prayer life then my problem is not laziness. I also will not allow Satan to produce guilt through exaggerating this problem. Many areas of my prayer life are very good. Thanks God for this gentle reminder. Help me to place back into my life the dynamic of intercessory prayer. You can accomplish much more then I can. Help me Holy Spirit to listen and follow your lead in this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment