Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Where's the Fruit?

Scripture Read: Colossians 1:9-10  For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,  [10] so that you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 

Application:  Can there be good works that do not bear fruit? The fruit I would think of here is that which is eternal. Whether it be in ourselves or in other’s lives, that which is accomplished must be eternal. Buildings, programs and ministries are not eternal. So they cannot be considered fruit. They must be some of the good works. So, again, I must ask what is the fruit, and how can we have good works without fruit? The issue here must be faith. Whatever is not done in faith cannot please God. If God is not pleased then fruit cannot be produced. So with all my good works there must be faith involved. Faith that says the Lord wants me to do this. If my good works are motivated by faith for God then I will see fruit. So a good way to evaluate my ministries is not by outside results, but by getting Gal 5:22-23 out and seeing where in my life, and those I work with, do I see that fruit. If I don’t then I need to question what I am doing. This helps especially in the wilderness times. When results are bare bone – fruit does not have to be. If by faith I strive to fulfil God’s desire in my good works, then no matter the circumstance there will be fruit. Fruit is not dependent upon circumstances – in fact much of the fruit of the Spirit is produces during times that are the worse circumstances. Help me Lord to keep my eye on the fruit. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment