Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Don't Leave Grace


Scripture Read: Colossians   2:4. I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments. 5 For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how orderly you are and how firm your faith in Christ is. 6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, 7  rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. 8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.

Application
I received Christ by Grace through Faith. Is Paul exhorting us to continue in both of these? I understand and have always seen how faith fits into this formula, but not how grace works. I am to walk by faith and allow Him to produce more of the same. But grace is God’s work toward me. It must mean that I am to continue to acquire all that I have via God’s work toward me. This takes away all ego. I am not mature because of how I have worked to grow, but how much by faith I have allowed God’s work to grow me. This makes sense. The fruit is the Spirits’. He can reproduce it in me, but it is His work. Only through faith can I see this fruit. Once again we see faith as an action word. It involves effort. Knowledge of the Word is illuminated by God (His work) and through faith I believe it. I must ask the question - have I been trying to hard to produce this sanctification? I must acquire it via faith. It will feel the same as far as effort, but with a different mindset. Help me Lord to continue to walk in Grace through Faith. Thank You for Your love and kindness oh God.

No comments:

Post a Comment