Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Friday, September 24, 2010

The Unity of Love



Scripture Read: Colossians 3:12. Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Application
I wonder if I really have taken the time to understand Biblical love. It is highlighted over all. In 1 Cor. 13 Love is called the greatest, and it will never cease. Here in Colossians it is the glue to the fruit of the Spirit. So what is humility without love, or compassion without love. I can see how they function apart yet it appears that the idea of love stands on it’s own. How can I forgive without love? Paul calls all these things virtues and then states that over these things we are to put on love which binds them together. For God so loved – obviously that carries with it compassion and forgiveness. I know that love is not completely separate then these other virtues, but it seems to function as some kind of qualifier. Am I loving Lord? Does the quality that is described in Scripture live in me? There is much here I need to consider. I also need to really study more about this quality. Help me Lord to understand all that I can and then allow it to thrive in my life. Let me commit to make a study of Love this year and have a clear understanding of this fruit. Thank you Lord for your Word

No comments:

Post a Comment