Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Begin at the Beginning


Scripture Read: 1 Peter [3:1] In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives, [2] as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior. [3] And let not your adornment be merely external-- braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; [4] but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. [5] For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands. [6] Thus Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear.

Application: I see a clear principle here for myself. Not saying words are not important – but how much of my visible life – without any commentary – would cause someone to rethink their life. How much of that which is hidden is the most important to me, versus that which I show and know full well that even I myself am not always honest about why I did what I did. I know I love God, but I also love the approval and admiration of men. I think this bothers me the most Lord – I don’t trust my motives. I am afraid of what I am asking – but Lord I really want to do things to glorify you and not myself. Please help me Lord and teach me in a merciful way. I love you Dad!       

No comments:

Post a Comment