Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Tongue Control



Scripture Read: 1 Peter 3:7 You husbands likewise, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with a weaker vessel, since she is a woman; and grant her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.  8] To sum up, let all be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; [9] not returning evil for evil, or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing. [10] For, "Let him who means to love life and see good days         Refrain his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking guile. [11] "And let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it. [12] "For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, And His ears attend to their prayer, But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

Application: Do you live this way Nate? I don’t think so. I really need to control my tongue – some things are better left unsaid. I do not to become a coward as many are in the body. So many refuse to say what needs to be said – the hard things. I thank you God that you have enabled me to do the hard things, but I need your help. I am a sinful human and I – like everyone else – seem to let the pendulum swing to far the other direction. I don’t want to go to far in that at times certain things should not be said or don’t need to be said. Help me get balance oh Lord. Help me control my tongue. If it will not benefit the body let me be quiet. I am sure you can teach me this, my Lord. Also I desire to pursue peace. My imagination many times takes the road of aggressiveness and confrontation. Even though I do not act on it and am very gentle when I finally deal with the issue – the time I wasted in fantasy is unhealthy. Help me to focus on the things that lead to peace. Help me be proactive and pursue peace. Thank you Lord. I know I can count on you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment