Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Real Gift


Scripture Read:  1 Peter [3:7] You husbands likewise, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with a weaker vessel, since she is a woman; and grant her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.  [8] To sum up, let all be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; [9] not returning evil for evil, or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing. [10] For,   "Let him who means to love life and see good days  Refrain his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking guile.  [11] "And let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it.  [12] "For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous,  And His ears attend to their prayer, But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

Application:  The moment I read this passage I knew I would need to spend several days right here! What kind of man am I and what kind am I becoming. I want to be understanding and a safe place for my wife. I feel I fail far to often. Do I see her as a precious vessel or a service vessel? God only you know – so all I can do is express my desire. I want to be the one she turns to after You when she needs an understanding ear. Please help me to listen, listen, listen. Remind me to thank You for her everyday and to be like You are with me – overlooking so many of my faults. Thanks Dad for this wonderful person you have placed in my life. I am committed to not making you hinder my prayers because I am mistreating the very gift you gave me!

No comments:

Post a Comment