Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Refraining the Beast


Scripture Read: 1 Peter [3:7] You husbands likewise, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with a weaker vessel, since she is a woman; and grant her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.  [8] To sum up, let all be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; [9] not returning evil for evil, or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing. [10] For,   "Let him who means to love life and see good days  Refrain his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking guile.  [11] "And let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it.  [12] "For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous,  And His ears attend to their prayer, But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." 

Application:  This is a constant for me. The funny thing is, it is deceptive. You refrain from profanity (overt), and you think you have made it, meanwhile you speak ill of people or pile on when bad news hits (covert) I have done great concerning my wife. I don’t trash her – however I do not believe I can say that about some others in my life. I do want to see good days, but more than that Lord I want to behave like Christ would. Help me Lord to be honest and even with the tough issues – if I must say something, may it be said in love and to the point. Help me not to have a tongue of guile. Thank you for being willing to help me Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment