Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Seeing sin for what it is


 Scripture Read: 1 Peter  [4:1] Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, [2] so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God. [3] For the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousals, drinking parties and abominable idolatries. [4] And in all this, they are surprised that you do not run with them into the same excess of dissipation, and they malign you; [5] but they shall give account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. [6] For the gospel has for this purpose been preached even to those who are dead, that though they are judged in the flesh as men, they may live in the spirit according to the will of God.

Application:  I think I know what this means. If I am right I am finally starting to get it. Because of what sin does to us and the suffering it causes, there is a point where you see sin for what it is, you experience the suffering it brings and your taste for it leaves. I am really beginning to experience this now. Not that I have a life of sin, but with those sins that have followed me all through my life. I am really sick of them and find myself having less and less interested in feeding them. I am tired of the suffering my flesh feels as in my heart I know that I am not pleasing You, my Lord. I really – inside me – want to thrill You with my life. These sins bring failure and grief. I pray that You will keep this reality before me in a conscious thought so I don’t easily fall into sin. Lord I am really desiring to see some long victories in these areas of my life. More than ever I need to depend on You Lord!               

No comments:

Post a Comment