Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Leaving a life not just a Word


Scripture Read:  2 Peter 1:[15] And I will also be diligent that at any time after my departure you may be able to call these things to mind. [16] For we did not follow cleverly devised tales when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. [17] For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an utterance as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory, "This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased"-- [18] and we ourselves heard this utterance made from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain.
Application: There is an excellent principle here. It’s one thing for people to remember what they heard – it is another for them to remember what they have seen. Although the seeing here and in my case would be through the fruits in the life – it is still more powerful than what someone would have merely heard. So my goal is that when I leave – I leave such a clear image of what Christ accomplished in my life that it is visibly remembered. Words are powerful and can cause much – but add to words flesh and bone of changed lifestyle and no one can deny that. – Remember – people can deny what you say but not what you are! I should be striving to live in such a way that when I am gone people have a visible image of the person of Jesus Christ! That is what is important! I can only do this with your help oh Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment