Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Monday, January 24, 2011

The real Confirmation!


Scripture Read:  1 Peter [5:6] Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, [7] casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you. [8] Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. [9] But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world. [10] And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you. [11] To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Application:  confirm  = στηρίζω – stērizō - to make stable, place firmly, set fast, fix. to strengthen, make firm, to render constant, confirm, one’s mind. It presupposes that the Christians who are to be strengthened are under assault and in danger of becoming uncertain or slothful in their faith or walk. The effect or aim of strengthening is the impregnability of Christian faith in spite of the troubles which have to be endured

The idea of God establishing me is so important. I especially see the danger of me becoming slothful in my faith or walk as I grow older. I know what to do, what words to speak – all the things that are good and right in a committed walk but if done without real thought can actually become a very dangerous enemy. I see clearly Lord how I need to have You confirm me in my walk with You. I see this new enemy surfacing. If You do not help me oh God I will be in great duress. I refuse to remain quiet – I will cry out to You oh Lord - Father help me to stand firm. Whether it be through all the suffering – even that which is not really suffering – but more denying self. I need to stand firm there and wait on You. God I so want my life to count for something more then the flesh offers. Help me to be diligent and faithful and on fire. I love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment