Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

You can forbid!


Scripture Read: 1 Peter [5:6] Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, [7] casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you. [8] Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. [9] But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world. [10] And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you. [11] To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Application: ἀνθίστημι anthístēmi - from antí - against, and hístēmi - to stand. To stand against, resist, whether in deed or word - to set oneself against, resist, oppose; to fall against or upon, resist; to forbid, hinder, withstand.

I really like the different forms of this word – I realize the sweat involved in the word resist – yet I am drawn very much to the idea of “forbid” It leads me to think of a resolve that a person takes and settles it with God – I need this. I need to forbid satan access to my life – I have that right according to Romans 6-7 It is clear the problem lies with my will – nothing else. Help me Lord – I want to see a victory here – but am afraid I am unwilling to pay the price. Thanks for your love God. I need to spend more time contemplating this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment