Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ladder to Success


Scripture Read:  2 Peter 1:1-4 Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ: [2] Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; [3] seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. [4] For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, in order that by them you might become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.

Application:  Notice the ladder to success here - His divine power - through the true knowledge of Him -  in order - you might become partakers of the divine nature - having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust You have given me Your power, thru the Knowledge of You – so I can possess a new nature and be delivered from the sin of this world.

Lust - ἐπιθυμία epithumía - to desire greatly. Strong desire, longing, lust. “What the NT has to say concerning πιθυμία is not based on the reflection which seeks to dissect the nature of man. It is part of the preaching of repentance. The seriousness of man’s God-given duty has to be fully impressed upon him in order to stir his will to resolution in self-denial. There is here taken seriously that which moral self-observation cannot establish of itself. The essential point in ἐπιθυμία is that it is desire as impulse, as a motion of the will. It is, in fact, lust, since the thought of satisfaction gives pleasure and that of non-satisfaction pain.” 

This is perfect for me. Lord I need my will stirred. I ask that I spend this day in conscious thought of that. I do beg for Your mercy and patience. If by Your grace You would allow me – let me meditate on this today and come to this place without You having to chastise me. I respond to Your discipline – I want to be driven by love for You more then fear. I ask this based on Your loving kindness. Thank You Lord. Lord Jesus – have mercy on me – a fool!

No comments:

Post a Comment