Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Keeping my eye on the ball


Scripture Read: Romans 1:8–15 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, because your faith is being proclaimed throughout the whole world. 9 For God, whom I serve in my spirit in the preaching of the gospel of His Son, is my witness as to how unceasingly I make mention of you, 10 always in my prayers making request, if perhaps now at last by the will of God I may succeed in coming to you. 11 For I long to see you so that I may impart some spiritual gift to you, that you may be established; 12 that is, that I may be encouraged together with you while among you, each of us by the other’s faith, both yours and mine. 13 I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that often I have planned to come to you (and have been prevented so far) so that I may obtain some fruit among you also, even as among the rest of the Gentiles. 14 I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish. 15 So, for my part, I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome.

Application: Established:στηρίζω stērizō - 1 to make stable, place firmly, set fast, fix, to render constant, confirm, one’s mind. In R. 1:11 the means of strengthening is the impartation of a spiritual gift: μεταδῶ χάρισμα ὑμῖν πνευματικόν.

Encouraged: συμπαρακαλέω symparakaleō - from sún, together, and parakaléō to comfort, console - 1 to call upon or invite or exhort at the same time or together. 2 to strengthen (comfort) with others. To call for or invite simultaneously, to invoke or exhort with others. In the NT only in the pass. meaning to be consoled, comforted with others, to receive solace and encouragement in the society of others.

This sheds light in my mind concerning what my call is really about. This is my desire – to get the Body to grow and be firm. My burden is for the foundation of our faith. That is what drives me. The idea of Paul’s desire to be physically present is an interesting one to me. Perhaps that is what makes the drive to be on the field what it is. It is not that I think I am irreplaceable – I know God does not need me – but I know that because of who He made me - with my particular gifts, that when I am physically there it makes a difference in how He uses what I am teaching. I can send long distance – but it does not seem to have the same effect. Hands on ministry is still important. I praise God for all the technology and what He can accomplish through it. Yet I also see how living in the Philippines makes a difference in what He accomplishes. I guess we all need to give serious thought to even “where” we are and if that is “where” God will find us most effective. Lord – guide me for this next step – I seek only to glorify You. Blind my mind to the desires of this age!! Thank You Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment