Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Learning to be the best guide


Scripture Read: John 1:19 This is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent to him priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, “Who are you?” 20 And he confessed and did not deny, but confessed, “I am not the Christ.” 21 They asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” And he said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” And he answered, “No.” 22 Then they said to him, “Who are you, so that we may give an answer to those who sent us? What do you say about yourself?” 23 He said, “I am a voice of one crying in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way of the Lord,’ as Isaiah the prophet said.”

Application:

Make (εὐθύνω euthynō)  to make straight, level, plain, to lead or guide straight, of the steersman or helmsman of a ship, to  prepare.

Way, (ὁδός, hodos,)  a way, road, a travelers  journey. John the Baptist had the task of a fore-runner preparing the way for Jesus. He was to proclaim the coming of Jesus, and to prepare men for it by calling on them to repent and summoning them to be baptized.

I think it is a good idea for me to compare what I am doing with the task of John. He was preparing the way for the first coming. How different should my message be? It is basically the same. I am to guide people to the Truth of our Savior and have them ready for when He returns. Like John I can do nothing concerning the salvation – but I do have a lot to do with how they get it and what to do after they receive it. How is your life Nate? Are you being the guide you should be? Are there areas in your life that would hinder any facet of your guidance. Am I making sure of the clarity of my guidance to those that are lost? Am I helping to guide the new babes to maturity after their salvation? I know what I feel in my heart and my desire – but sometimes it feels as though my flesh just is too strong. Help me to look anew at my message Lord! I want to be like John.

No comments:

Post a Comment