Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What will you do with your will?


Scripture Read: John 1: 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Application: Right (ἐξουσία exousia)  1 power of choice, liberty of doing as one pleases. the ability or strength with which one is endued, which he either possesses or exercises, it denotes the power which decides. All relationships are the reflection of the lordship of God in a fallen world where nothing takes place apart from His ἐξουσία or authority. 

Believe (πιστεύω pisteuō)  Used in the NT of the conviction and trust to which a man is impelled by a certain inner and higher prerogative and law of soul, “to rely on,”

Will (θέλημα thelēma)  what one wishes or has determined shall be done. God’s will is expressed in the singular because the concept is shaped, not by individual legal directions, but by the conviction that this θέλημα of God is a powerful unity. The third petition of the Lord’s Prayer: γενηθήτω τὸ θέλημά σου ὡς ἐν οὐρανῷ καὶ ἐπὶ γῆς expresses not merely submission but consent to a comprehensive fulfilment of God’s will in keeping with the hallowing of His name and the coming of His kingdom.

God has empowered me to exercise His authority purchased by Christ and is now in me to live as a full child of God. This happened because I rely on the work of Christ for my redemption. All of this is done by His will, not mine. Does that remove free will? Not exactly – Perhaps this is a will that is exercised inside His plan – so His plan of redemption is set and no one can change it. I would still possess free will to only receive or reject. The way of the plan is set. I cannot manipulate it. That’s what Salvation by grace PLUS anything does – it tries to change the will of God when it comes to how a person is redeemed. No – my will is given to me to respond to His planned will – but not change it. I realize the debate goes on – but as for me I will hold to two realities – In the end – All is under His control and I will spend my time praising You Lord for giving me this right. Thank You that in Your will you enlightened me to salvation. I LOVE YOU LORD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment