Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Reliving His Grace


Scripture Read: 2 Peter 3:1-7 This is now, beloved, the second letter I am writing to you in which I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder, [2] that you should remember the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior spoken by your apostles. [3] Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, [4] and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation." [5] For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, [6] through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water. [7] But the present heavens and earth by His word are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
 
Application: How do I stir my mind and what does this really mean?-

Stirring – διεγείρω; diegeirō – to wake up, awaken, arouse (from sleep); of the sea, which begins to be agitated, to rise. 1b metaph. 1b1 to arouse the mind. 1b2 stir up, render active.
Sincere - εἰλικρινής; eilikrinēs   1 pure, sincere, unsullied; found pure when unfolded and examined by the sun’s light.

Reminder - ὑπόμνησις; hypomnēsis - is philosophically distinguished from (μνήμη “memory”) as the “reliving of vanished impressions by a definite act of will”

Three grabbers for me! I need to agitate my mind seeking the light of God to expose the impurities in my life. I can do this by a willful decision to make visible the history I have with Christ – Pre-salvation until now. This is something I really need to do as a way of life.  Help me Father to willfully relive Your Grace to me and shine Your loving light on me so that I might become more holy!

No comments:

Post a Comment