Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Getting Ready to Be Ready


Scripture Read:  2 Peter 3:8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. [9] The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. [10] But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. [11] Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, [12] looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! .

Application: Sort – ( ποδαπός, ποταπός podapos, potapos) from what country, race or tribe; of what sort or quality (what manner of)..

Hastening – (σπεύδω speudō) 1 to haste, make haste. 2 to desire earnestly; cause to happen soon - in respect simply to time (Acts 22:18), and thus differing from spoudázō, which involves diligence, earnestness, zeal. 

Two very important questions. 1. What kind of life should I have at this late date in history?  2. Is this “hasting” more of the eager desire to see His return or does the Church actually help make it happen? The first question is obvious and I feel I fail so badly. I am not the man I should be. I am trying but I do not believe hard enough. I really need the Lord’s help and I desire to give myself to it. This is my prayer. I want to be a reflector of Him and be ready for His return. The second question is one I believe cannot be answered. I would lean in the direction that what is meant here is that the Church is very eager for His return. The other option does not fit scripture nor reality - if the Body has been given the part of bringing the return of Christ sooner based on it’s behavior – it does not reflect the state of the church described by Jesus, Paul or Revelation at His return – Luke warm, heaping teachers that will tickle their ears. Reality – though God always has His remnant – the church world-wide has too much flesh today- Our definition of success is not His and we walk by sight – everybody looking for a sign. Either way I should strive to live a life that shows I am eager for His return. I can only accomplish this with your help Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment