Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Obedience leads to faith



Scripture Read:  Romans 1:1   Paul, a bond-servant of Christ Jesus, called as an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, [2] which He promised beforehand through His prophets in the holy Scriptures, [3] concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh, [4] who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord, [5] through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles, for His name's sake, [6] among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ; [7] to all who are beloved of God in Rome, called as saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Application: 

Obedience: ὑπακοή hypakoē 1 obedience, compliance, submission. 2 obedience rendered to anyone’s counsels, Elsewhere it always refers to the faith which obeys God’s will in a special sense, of relationship and subjection to that which, in the sphere of divine power and revelation, is right  More especially, it refers to subjection to the saving will of God revealed in Christ and referred to as obedience to the truth.

Faith: πίστις pistis - 1 the conviction that God exists and is the creator and ruler of all things, the provider and bestower of eternal salvation through Christ. relating to Christ.  a strong and welcome conviction or belief that Jesus is the Messiah, through whom we obtain eternal salvation in the kingdom of God.  belief with the predominate idea of trust (or confidence) whether in God or in Christ, springing from faith in the same.

Here Paul gives what he has received from God (his call) and to what end that calling is to. The grace (salvation) and sentness (apostleship) is for the purpose of helping others to obey God by believing in Him and what Christ has done. This should lift my understanding of what You have called me to do Father. Yes I still need to be careful not to come on too strong when I share the gospel – but I also need to realize that it is an issue of obedience. They have freedom to reject, but at what consequence. Agreed I have no power to change that – but do I treat it to lightly. You have commanded man to believe in You. Even if he chooses to use the freedom You gave him to reject – I need to keep in my mind that that is not a little matter! What am I doing in my life that communicates that the whole reason I am still down here is to fulfill this call? By my life and words I am to “bring about” a decision in people to obey you. I feel good about my method Lord, but I need to rethink my attitude. The costs are far to great for others. Oh God fill me with Your love for all these people!

No comments:

Post a Comment