Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Seeing through the darkness - The evidence of the resurrection. Pt 2

I lost my mother when she was very young. Home for summer from college, she asked me about my faith. She thought she was a Christian but was now having doubts, as she read Scripture she realized not every view of God can be right…there can only be one! She prayed with me to affirm her faith. Months later she went to be with Lord. This was my first funeral. When I shared her faith and the fact that I knew I would see her again…that I did not grieve as others who have no hope, I could see in many eyes they wanted to believe, yet had no confidence.

Saying that someone went to a better place, yet not believing it, is poison to the heart!

Knowing that a better life is ahead of us takes the sting out of death, changes our perspective on every sickness that can come.

Scriptural Truth is evidence of the resurrection!

Throughout history, the testimony of responsible and honest witnesses has been considered one of the most reliable forms of evidence in a court of law. The resurrection of Christ has this evidence!

1 Corinthians 15:1–8 Now I want to make clear for you, brothers and sisters, the gospel that I preached to you…For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received—that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as though to one born at the wrong time, he appeared to me also.

Consider these witnesses:

Mary and a few women, two on the road to Emmaus.

Then Peter, who denied Christ, and the other disciples, who all abandoned Him.

To over 500 other followers.

James, one of Jesus’ brothers that did not believe in Him during His earthly ministry.

Lastly, Paul, who was not a follower but a persecutor of Christians. He was putting them to death when he met Jesus!

Two very important truths arise from this. What could make men who had been such cowards before the Crucifixion, become such bold and courageous men after?

Many have died for a lie believing it was the truth, however, how many would die…very painful deaths…if they knew it was a lie? If the disciples stole the body of Jesus, they knew the resurrection was false! Logic would dictate that at least one would break to stay alive. Not one denied the resurrection, no matter what was done to them, including the 500 that were also persecuted!

The so what: Some think seeing is believing, yet for thousands of years believers have laid down their life, have protected the weak even at the risk of their own life, because they believe, which allows them to see God! How about you? Thomas was having eye problems, then Jesus appeared to him:

John 20:28–29 Thomas replied to him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are the people who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Thomas was martyred in India because of his faith in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment