Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Can a Person Find Satisfaction in Their Life?

Probing Proverbs 13:25 The godly eat to their hearts’ content, but the belly of the wicked goes hungry.

A man, carrying a bag of potatoes on his back, was asked by a skeptic: “How do you know you are saved?” The man took a few steps and then dropped the bag. Then he said: “How do I know I have dropped the bag? I have not looked around.” “No,” replied the skeptic. “You can tell by the lessening of the weight.” “Yes,” said the man, “that is how I know I am saved. I have lost the guilty feeling of sin and sorrow and have found peace and satisfaction in my Lord and Savior.”

One of the great abilities concerning a Proverb is that it can take something very simple and common, yet communicate a very deep Truth! 

We all know what it feels like when our appetite has been satisfied, or when we suffer from hunger pangs.
Food is our example, but the Truth that is being communicated goes much deeper! Those that live close to God experience complete satisfaction in the issues of their life. They learn to be content and even delighted in where the Lord has brought them; from their need for food and shelter, where they rejoice for what they have, or to their dreams and desires of career, relationships and economic level in life. As God changes a person from the inside first, the things that are from the outside do not master them, so they gladly receive those things from a loving Father, understanding He wants what is best for them.
Conversely, when you choose to 
live for yourself, giving in to every desire your sin nature has, you will never experience true satisfaction in your life! This is why history has shown the richest of the rich, the greatest in power, continue to seek for contentment and many times end their life in misery…in spite of their wealth or position. Scripture warns what those that are mastered by their appetites end will be:
Philippians 3:18–19 “as I have often told you…many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things.”



Only God can satisfy the deepest needs of our soul! The world will always leave you hungry!



The So What: Can you make this a prayer for your life?
Proverbs 30:8–9 Keep deception and lies far from me, Give me neither poverty nor riches; Feed me with the food that is my portion, That I not be full and deny You and say, “Who is the Lord?” Or that I not be in want and steal, And profane the name of my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment