Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Thursday, December 6, 2012

We have to deal with the Good, the Bad and the Ugly…BUT it is better if we see them as they are!


Prov 8:6-9 Listen to me! For I have important things to tell you. Everything I say is right, for I speak the truth and detest every kind of deception. My advice is wholesome. There is nothing devious or crooked in it. My words are plain to anyone with understanding, clear to those with knowledge.

Once I was golfing with a friend. I knew the golf course, he did not. He had hit into a valley, so he asked me to stand at the top of the hill in line with the green so he could aim. I smiled and said ok. He hit a tremendous shot. As he walked up the hill his eyes began to open wide as he saw that between me and the green was a large pond. I told him his ball landed about half way out in the middle. My ball was over to the left on the fairway. He had thought I had hooked my shot. He looked at me and said "why didn't you tell me there was a pond between me and the green?" I smiled and said "You didn't ask!" This is the difference between the message between Wisdom and the world. Wisdom has no ulterior motives, no hidden agenda.

Notice the words used to describe the difference: Everything I say is right; I speak the truth; wholesome; plain; clear. Wisdom is what you see, it is objective, not relative...it is what it is. You either listen and follow or ignore and reject.  

Wisdom compares itself to the world's message: I detest every kind of deception; Devious; Crooked. The world's message is tailored to lead each person to an end that appears good, but there is a hidden agenda that is built on deception.

Based on those facts, it justifies Wisdom's claim that what it has to share is important. Why? Whatever is not based on Truth, leads to a life outside the realm of reality. A life that functions in a false reality will never experience the quality life that God intended and is going to experience a rude awakening in the end when each person will be confronted with the Truth by our Maker. Wisdom's goal and desire is to keep our feet firmly planted in reality so we can walk with our Lord through the good, the bad and the ugly of life. 

Then, and only then can we be empowered by the Spirit of God to enjoy the "good" to its fullest; to learn the maximum through the "bad" and to see the beauty even when the view from our eyes seems "ugly". God's redeeming abilities can teach us how to see deeper than just the surface. As Wisdom matures us and refines our spiritual eyes, the wonders and beauty of this world and life will become our reality. Open your heart to His wisdom, in turn His wisdom will open your eyes to the real world!

Oh...I did let my friend drop another ball and hit again. He had a better score on that hole than I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment