Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas...when you seek...it is never a question of “if”...but “when”.


When I was a very young Christian I had a job I hated – my boss had a Hitler complex! I was tired of ministering at the prison and I had decided to quit both. I shared with all my friends that I was “seeking” God’s direction...but the truth was my heart had already decided what I was going to do. What happened to me has never happened to me again, nor do I believe we should count on God’s grace to save us from our hard heart. I have never forgotten this lesson and have done my best to never play games my Lord again. Two people entered the restaurant I was the head cook at. My boss greeted them and after a short discussion called me over to the table. He said “Nate, these folks are Christians like you”. My boss thought Christians were aliens! We fellowshipped for a while, and the interesting thing is all I did was tell them what I was doing...not what I was planning to do! I said I went to University of Hawaii, worked as a cook here and went three times a week to Oahu Prison in ministry. That’s it! When they left they asked for me to come out from the kitchen, they thanked me for the meal and then...one of them said “this is our first time here, but God told us to tell you that you have two jobs...here and at the prison!” After that I don’t remember much...I was just shaking because I knew God had just shown me grace...guided me in spite of me having an unwilling heart.

Let me encourage you...NEVER play that game! The majority of the time God will say to you “thy will be done!” Then you will have to reap the consequences of your stubborn heart. Contrary...what excitement can be in your heart when you know you are seeking the Truth and direction of God.  We see from the Magi the confidence you can have.

The seeking heart - will receive guidance

Matthew 2:9 After hearing the king, they went their way; and the star, which they had seen in the east, went on before them until it came and stood over the place where the Child was.

The seeking heart - will find

Matthew 2:11 After coming into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell to the ground and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

1 Chronicles 28:9 “As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.

Matthew 7:7  “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

The reason we do not find, is not because God is hiding it - it is because we are not seeking. I have found several reasons that my heart deceives itself. Here they are:

·   We say we are seeking, but that is appearance for others.
·     We are seeking in the wrong places
·     We are seeking with our minds already made up.
·     We are seeking without already being committed to following:

A good example is found in:

Matthew 19:16–23 And someone came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?” And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” Then he said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?” Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property.

Tragic – He sought for Truth...but when it was given...his agenda refused to yield!

What happens when we do yield, we seek and we find?

Matthew 2:11 After coming into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell to the ground and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

If you are truly seeking, when you find, you will have a desire to thank the One Who is responsible – the outcome will be worship!

Take time to ask your Maker to guide you as we begin 2013. He will honor your desire and you will enjoy showing your appreciation by entering inot deeper intimacy with Him through worship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment