Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Monday, October 22, 2012

The look and smell of Seduction


Probing Proverbs 7:15-17 You’re the one I was looking for! I came out to find you, and here you are! My bed is spread with beautiful blankets, with colored sheets of Egyptian linen. I’ve perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.

We should pay close attention to our senses...not to allow them to lead...but to warn our mind to concentrate and count the cost of what giving into our senses will lead to! The woman here gives us a college level education on the art of seduction. Consider what the word seduce means: “To persuade somebody to have sex, especially by using a romantic or deceptive approach, To persuade somebody to do something by making it seem desirable or exciting.” We have witnessed in this passage step by step how this foolish young man was being led to self destruction...deceiving himself based on what he is sensing, not on what the reality is. Consider, even if we were to take God out of the picture, no right or wrong, the reality would still dictate that sex is much more than a mere animal act that gave a little pleasure and hurt no one. If we humans are nothing more than glorified animals, then evolution developed a heart and soul that is connected during sex. I have never seen a female dog crying because the dog that mated with her the night before is now mating with the poodle down the street! 
I have witnessed countless men and women that claim no strong belief in God or His standards, yet have scars and pain from sexual encounters that at the moment seemed sooooo right. “Who needs tomorrow, we’ve got tonight!” may work as a song but it is a disaster when it comes to life! This is why sin seduces. It gets our senses so intoxicated with the idea of pleasure that we fail to use the mind God gave us to take a look at the reality of what’s being offered. I have loved one woman only for my entire life. I know ever flaw, every age spot. The thought of someone new, different looking, younger, pre-gravity. All that sounds so good...if in a vacuum! Let’s turn the light of reality on that scenario. I gave away my commitment as a man to my Savior that gave my wife to me. I trashed the faithfulness my wife has given to me and the faithfulness she had believed I would give. I traded a commitment of love and friendship for a few moments of physical pleasure. What do I gain? I have hurt my fellowship with my God, shamed my Savior, destroyed the trust and relationship with my wife, made it clear to the other woman that I care only about her body and her soul can go to hell, because she won’t believe anything I say about God, my actions have spoken loud and clear! That is just the beginning of the reality...my children see and experience what I have done, all my family and friends see what I value, all the people I have ministered to who have heard me claim that Christ can make any marriage great, now know that for me that was a lie and this woman’s future husband will know that I have had what should have only been his...I could go on, the list is quite long. 
It seems we don’t measure with eyes of reality, instead we are seduced through our senses and we turn our brain and the Holy Spirit off. I know this because I have done it in other areas of my life. It is never worth it! When your senses are screaming for you to give in, grab hold of the Lord and yourself and THINK! When you see the whole picture – you will tell sin to get lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment