Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Father’s heart


Ephesians 5:21–33 ...For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and shall be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. 32 This mystery is great; Proverbs 30:18–19 There are three things that amaze me— no, four things that I don’t understand: 19 how an eagle glides through the sky, how a snake slithers on a rock, how a ship navigates the ocean, how a man loves a woman.

The morning after Cilla’s wedding I spent with the Lord; meditating on all the “Jordan Stones” He had given to me with Cilla as we both grew up together. Be sure...she caused as much growth or more in me than I did in her! As I sat I began to write what was on my heart:

Today I watched, as my little girl became a wife. The first time I held her...her hand could barely grip my pinky. Today as she embraced me...we stood adult to adult...but I still saw the little girl I have held so many times in my life.  Yet...her eyes...the same eyes that had mesmerized me when I first beheld her mother...her eyes continued to show love toward me...but now have a different fire in them for a new man in her life. They were magnetic, pulling him into heart. I felt such joy for both of them. Only a God of love could create such chemistry...such ecstasy! Today my little girl’s heart would be knitted together into a unity between herself, her Lord and her lover. No legal document could bring this about, that is only a contract...that is why the world always leaves a way out. No...this was a covenant...of the heart...given willingly and willfully. Today...my little girl entrusted herself to a man that promised in the name of Jesus and by the power of Jesus to love her uniquely. Through all of eternity these two will never know of a relationship like this. Such a short period of time, yet, they will experience the depth of a relationship that God only allows on this side of eternity. She will love others, but never in this way. He will protect and care for others, still it will pale in comparison to his love for her. That is what marriage is...much less to do with contracts and legalities...much more to do with spiritual mystery and supernatural unity. Today my little girl...still my little girl...has begun a new family...one flesh, one in purpose and one in resolve. Dad, you gave me this little girl and I offered her right back. You have done such a great job of growing her into the Christ-like woman...wife...she is today.

I come before You again...asking You to mold this couple into an example of what You intended marriage to be. She will always be my little girl, Your child...grant her the ability to be the wife Jesus can make her!

No comments:

Post a Comment