Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Waiting can be profitable


Scripture Read: 1 Timothy 6:13-15 I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate,  that you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus           
                                                                                        Christ  which He will bring                                                                             about at the proper time

Application: The Hope of every Christian; yet the human frustration of the wait. How many believers wish the Lord would return right now? I know I do, and if I am honest there are a variety of reasons. First, is to be with Him, to see Him and spend time with Him. To experience the person of Christ face to face, to walk and talk with Him. The older I get the more I desire that. If we are honest though, there are other reasons; to never taste the failure of sin again, to be able to sense oneness with holiness that eludes me in this flesh. To not feel my body aging, no more arthritis, no worrying about what I eat, no exhaustion, no sicknesses. No more pain from saying goodbye to loved ones and friends, that go through the portal of death. No more arguments with my wife or kids, or feeling like I have failed them. No more concerns about paying the bills, putting food on the table. No more frustration over government that does not work, that cares only for itself. No more seeing evil people celebrate decadence or reading about what monsters have done to innocent people, especially children. No more feeling helpless when you want to stop injustice or heal people in the midst of disaster. Even though I am not afraid of death, because I know what awaits me, dying is still disconcerting. Rapture is so much more attractive than dying. All of these are proper and I know You see them in our hearts Lord and do not think less of us because we feel this way. 

Yet, as You state in Your Word, this appearing which we have all yearned for, including the man that is writing Timothy 2000 years ago, this appearing will be according to Your timetable. The proper time will happen when all that You have desired to take place here on earth has been accomplished. So what are we to do while we wait for this time? One exercise I have found helpful is to reverse my thinking, instead of considering only how much better that time will be when we have left here, there are things that will never take place again in all eternity and I should maximize their opportunities while I have the chance. After I leave here, I will never have the unique relationship You have given me with one woman that I have with my wife. I should enjoy this special relationship and make it as rich as possible. I have the opportunity to bring You glory in a fallen sinful flesh, by allowing Your Spirit to produce Your fruit in me. I have the opportunity to love the unlovable, and forgive those that have sinned against You and me. I have the opportunity to live in front of young men and women a life that shows that victory can be a reality, even in old age. I have the special opportunity to share with someone separated from You by sin, how much You love them and witness them enter a relationship with You. I want You to come Lord, but until it is the proper time, I want to use this time to invest in that eternity that awaits me!  

Meditation Questions: If you knew Jesus was coming today, is there anything you would change about your day? What does that say? How do you view your opportunities right now; something you have to go through, or potential for growth and fruit? Why would you want the Lord to return right now? Why would you not want the Lord to return right now? What do your answers show you? Have you ever considered what you will not be able to do once we leave this world? How are you taking advantage of that at this moment? 

No comments:

Post a Comment