Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Friday, September 23, 2011

The God of Coincidence?

Scripture Read: Esther Chapter 6:1-2 During that night the king could not sleep so he gave an order to bring the book of records, the chronicles, and they were read before the king. 2 It was found written what Mordecai had reported concerning Bigthana and Teresh, two of the king’s eunuchs who were doorkeepers, that they had sought to lay hands on King Ahasuerus.   

Application: What a coincidence! NOT! We really do not realize how much You are involved in the affairs of men Lord. We have bought the Hollywood story that You are involved only in “major” events or in the affairs we ask for Your input. Your Word tells us and demonstrates that You are the Sustainer and Orchestrator of all of our world. That does not mean You make everything happen, but it is clear that nothing happens that You do not allow – including evil – and You are moving in areas we don’t know about or see in and around us. 


You intervene where You desire, You manipulate as You see fit. You are God! How comforting this should be, but some do not desire Your interference, unless they are in trouble, or they are scratching off the numbers of a lotto ticket – then You should be at their beck and call. I remember a person that lost a loved one as thousands do everyday to a disease. Their statement after the funeral was – “well so much for prayer”. They had rubbed their genie bottle but You did not perform the way they demanded You to. You will not be our genie, but You will be very involved when, where and how You decide to. This is comforting to me and I hope to all who read this. You are a “hands on” God. I can trust someone that sacrificed His Son for my life, and so, for me, I am glad You will be involved in my life as You deem best. Yes, I am human and want the genie at times like so many do but I acknowledge my limited finite view of my world. I will let my desires be made known to You as You instruct us to do, but I will defer to Your will. I owe You the honor which is due You – You are God! In this story we can read the end and see in Mordecai’s life, You know when and how to insert Your influence. Haman is ready to do real harm to Mordecai and You oh Lord cause the King to be awake and rehearse the past – where he just “happens” to see that he – the King – owes Mordecai – not Haman – his life. Father open our eyes to see how You are in our lives even when it is not obvious! Thanks Dad for always watching over the affairs of men! 

Meditation Questions: Do you share all your desires with God? Why? If He answers in a way you were not expecting, how do you handle that? Do you believe God has the right to do anything He wants? Why? Why not? What does God mean? How involved is God in your life? How involved do you want Him to be? What have you done about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment