Baptism at Singles Retreat - 147 Baptized!!!

*******************Baptism at Singles Retreat 147 Baptized!!! ***********************

* Sharing times in the Word and looking for growth. Let's Commune Together!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Love that seems impossible


Scripture Read: Romans 9:1-5 I am telling the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience testifies with me in the Holy Spirit, 2 that I have great sorrow and unceasing grief in my heart. 3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh, 4 who are Israelites, to whom belongs the adoption as sons, and the glory and the covenants and the giving of the Law and the temple service and the promises, 5 whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen

Application: Every time I come here I still have a difficult time understanding how Paul possessed this kind of love. It makes me ask myself - Am I really so far from Your heart Oh God? To be separated from You and suffering forever is something I cannot comprehend. No thought is more terrible to me. I want Your love in me for others, yet I do not think I can honestly say I would give up my eternity with You for others. This is another area of the sacrifice of Christ that we cannot understand. He received Your wrath for sin - but He is with You now - how does this work? This is all beyond me Lord - what I do know is Paul is expressing the kind of selfless love that can only flow from You. But if I am honest I would not want to be separated from You forever for others - especially knowing they all had the choice. Do I lack Your love? This is a thought that we all need to consider. Can we possess this kind of sacrificial love? We can say we would do this, but knowing that is an impossibility - it is easy to say. Paul made this statement under the influence of the Holy Spirit! That’s incredible. Father show us the balance – we want to be honest – so to claim we would go to hell for others is produced in a love that can only come from You. Spirit of God, fill us with a sincere love for those lacking a relationship with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment